1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher EZ-V Controller Problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ATWE, Feb 19, 2007.

1. ATWE

ATWE Junior Member
    from Chicago

Wondering if anybody has heard of a way of testing the fishstick controller to determine that the controller is truly the problem. While plowing this weekend, the controller started acting up. Could not lower it, buttons weren't working or were sending incorrect signals (scoop would activate right wing only, up would activate left wing etc.) I was told this sometimes occurs when ice/water is in connection. I checked the connections to the plow, they're dry, added some dielectric grease and still nothing. Of course, the next day, the controller is now working fine. The troubleshooting guide in the owners manual points to the controller. I was hoping someone would have some ideas on this before I drop $300 on a new controller to find out that's not the problem. FYI: Plow is in it's 4th season plowing. Thanks guys.
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

us dealers have a box that can test the electronics of the system w/o having the plow on the truck, that is the only way that i know of to test the controller. Before buying a whole controller you could buy just the PC board for it, Fisher PN 66793 w/ a $197.92 MSRP.
    Check w/ me before paying $300.00 :waving:
  3. ATWE

ATWE Junior Member
    from Chicago

Thanks, after talking with some other people today, it's beginning to sound like more of a bad ground problem than a problem with the controller. I found that one of the grounds was loose and rusting pretty bad. I cleaned it up and tightened it, hopefully that takes care of the problem. Thanks for all the info.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Test it by plugging it into someone elses vehicle with a fisher on it if you can.