1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher EZ-V- 9'6 used plow cost?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Shop's Lawn, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

I might be buying a used Fisher EZ-V 9"6 v-plow. plow is in ok shape- works just fine.
    what do you think it is worth? Just the plow- no mount or wiring or controller goes with it.

1688.jpg

1688A.jpg

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The EZ-V is a good, durable plow. I used one in the past, have the XV now. The EZ has a better center hinge setup than the XV, but is not immune to breaking pins. The cutting edge is not as steep as the XV, and therefore does not scrape as well. Hopefully you can get the new controller like the XV. The old ones with the "mode" switch were dreadful. That plow looks to be in good/very good condition. I'm guessing the cutting edge was replaced because it has very even wear, and almost no "smiley facing". As for value, I wouldn't pay much more than 2 grand for it. Push plates are 3-4 hundred, controller is about 2 hundred (i think) and wiring harness will put you up around a grand total. This is new, you might find used, at least push plates.

3. Shop's Lawn

anybody else have any good or bad news about the plow? how do you guys like back dragging with them?

4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

It look like its in good shape, but its not an XV and its not new. Without the truck side I would say 1800 to 2200

5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I would think no more than 2500. Its a bit banged up on the sides.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have to agree the don't scrape as well as the new Fisher's or most other plows. If you can live with that then OK, if not look for something different.

I owned 1 and only kept it 2 years.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you need to do a lot of backdragging, fabricate a backdrag edge. That's another advantage of the XV, Fisher makes a backdrag kit.

Another thing that I just thought of is that apparently there were some issues with shavings in the valve body/sump causing problems with the solenoids. Probably would have manifested itself by now, but I would completely disassemble the pump and clean it out to be sure. It's a good idea anyway to make sure there is no water in there.

8. Shop's Lawn

Thanks for all the advice guys! I have never ownded a fisher before- always western and boss. The plow does seem to be in ok shape. few areas to pound and straightin out not to bad. I ended up getting it for 850.00 so hard to pass it up. Now to find another truck and mounting hardware for it!

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sweet deal! For that money, if you don't like it you know you can get your money back. That will hook right up to standard Fisher Minute Mount push plates if you find a truck with them. I think only the EZ-V harness will work though.

10. Shop's Lawn

The place had two of them- the other was a year newer and better shape- that one sold for 1400.
    Gonna try to find another 1999 to 2003 ford f350 reg cab long box with the 7.3 diesel. The 7.3 is a hard motor to pass by! Will have to keep my eye open for mounts,wiring and controller. Have a few months yet but wanna be ahead of time and be ready way early this year! But does that ever happen! LOL

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I keep telling myself I will be ready. We'll see, LOL.

The past two seasons, I was out at midnight in the snow putting my sander in for the first time. Not smart.