1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher extreme v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by karol, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karol

karol Senior Member

Who's running a backdrag blade on this plow? How is the backdragging on the extreme v 8.6.

2. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Backdragging

I don't use a back dragging blade. The plow is heavy and it does not have down pressure. The only situations that I run into is heavy ice which is understandable.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I asked this question with very limited responses, my guess is not many and not well,lol. I had them on my blade when it was new but quickly took them off! My situation......the back drag blades were longer than the cutting blade, dealer said I have to wear them down so they become even with the cutting edge :confused: Why didnt they make sure the blades were equal? I would like to try them out again, maybe they have mad some improvements. BTW, I think this blade is terrible at back dragging. I hate the fact that it floats up after just a few feet leaving me to do it again and again.

4. karol

karol Senior Member

fisher v

Do you have the newer model or the old style with the old crappie attack angle?

5. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

All extreme v's have the new angle, I believe from his signature that he has the new one.

I have not use the backdrag blade but my 8.5 ss seems to back drag okay. in deep or heavy it floats up but on a normal 1-2" er i can get out a truck length before it floats so I am satisfied. I don't do alot of backdragging or I would get a rear plow or one with down pressure.

6. karol

karol Senior Member

extreme v

Thanks guy's for the input.....

7. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

That doesnt seem right, I have the back drag kit for my Xtreme V and it works awesome. And mine worked right from the start it didnt have to wear itself or anything. You want the plow frame to be in the bottom of the three holes on the headgear or whatever so that the front blade will be angled more and scrape better. Also my backdrag blade would never ride up over the snow unless it was a huge amount and it was heavy, or if there was ice, it worked everytime. I dont understand why people dont like the Xtreme V so much, its the best thing out there, all my customers loved the fact I could scrape right down to pavement most of the time.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What other V plows have you owned?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Little Down pressure action and I'm scraping black top every time

Maybe because they have had problems!

In your opinion.
    Let me ask, do you have experience in multiple plows? Not just sitting in one but operating it though a storm? Now, no one has dumped on the Fisher knock off of the SW blade design in this post we were discussing back drag skiing that is common in ALL CHAIN LIFT PLOWS.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  11. farmboy52787

Okay are you serious? If you didnt notice i was quoting the guy who had the backdrag kit and just giving my 2 cents, but to answer your questions, no kidding you scrape down to pavement everytime? According to your zip code you live in delaware, do you even get snow in Delaware? Doesnt it rain most of the time there too and its warmer than 30 degrees during a storm? Im talking about when its 15 degrees out and snowing like a ******* that the plow isnt going to scrape down to bare pavement. Your next question, all the plows are made in an assembly line and if you beat on your plow then it may break and third no i havent operated anything else because everything else is just in my opinion. With a boss you can have downpressure, but you cant stack snow for crap, and you may say plows arent made for stacking but when you have a limited amount of space for the snow the only space available is up and fisher does the best job with this. All the other plows I've been to there sites and researched them all and some of them are just stupid of how they hook on or made for places who get 12 inches of snow a year, but here in Maine where we get 100 inches of snow we need a plow that can handle it.

12. farmboy52787

Ive owned a Fisher EZ-V and now I have the Xtreme V, isnt boss the only other one who makes a V?

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

ROFLMAO, Boss, Western, Fisher, Meyer, Hiniker, Snow dogg, Arctic, Snoway, and of course Diamond invented the Vee blade. That's just to name a few.

And No, Dean dosen't make every Fisher hmself:jester:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

thanks basher...;)

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes I know, it's a state law if you live in Maine you have to own a fisher. Say hi to Dean when you take it in for service.

16. farmboy52787

Great story, so what everyone has a V, but here in Maine all people in business either have a Yellow, a stainless or that red plow (Boss) and thats it. Because thats all thats going to handle the winters up here and not your 12 inches of snow you get a year in Delaware, come on now your snow-way wouldnt last 2 storms here. Let me ask you this does your snowcover ever get around 3 feet at all during they year I can see where the snoway would be good in Delaware because you probably get a storm then the next day its melted and my Fisher would do the same thing

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not a story that implies fiction, this is fact. All those guys make a vee:nod:

I sure others will be along to share their thought's.:D

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What about those other red plows...namely Westerns? Can't handle the Maine winters either?

19. farmboy52787

Wait it was a story and i told you it was great, you decided to make a comment about it being fiction or fact and since you told me the story here on plowsite, that would make it a fact. Anyways all I'm trying to say is if you think your plow is so great why dont alot of people here in Maine have them. I dont even know of a dealer here. Heck Boss is made in Michigan and they have some dealers around here selling that plow. You just seem like the type of guy who is in this top 2000 club who reads every post and quotes everyone to try and make himself look better, hence thats probably why your name is Basher. i'll look forward to your message when you quote each passage and tell me something I dont know. I;ll be able to sleep better at night now so I appreciate it.

20. farmboy52787

Now that i think of it there are some Orange ones (Curtis), but I've never seen a Western here, never.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.