1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Extreme V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ATouchofGrass, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

We'll i just picked up our used SS Extreme V, the plow came off my buddies 05 dodge ram. The plow went on our 2002 chevy, it has the 3 port 2 wire connector and i got the headlight harness for the chevy. Now i have everything wired correctly, and plugged in. When i go to hit the parking light the truck parking lights go on, but not the plow parking lights. When i put the headlights on, the truck lights work but not the plow, when the brights are put on the headlights flash on off between the truck and plow! The only thing that works on the plow are the turn signals and hazards. I thought the modules were all the same except for the harnesses, kinda at a loss.. Anyone have ideas!?

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have the plugs between the wiring harness and isolation plugged in wrong or not plugged in all the way?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  3. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

They only go one way because they have the little notch in them....?

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It is the same ISO on both trucks. Have you unplugged the connections at the module and plugged them back in snuggly? Make sure you hear it "click". I noticed on my latest install that I had to pull the tab up, and give it a bit more effort then usual.

The next culprit would be the 11 pin grill connectors. Fully examine the pins and the wires just behind each connector. Clean and lube as necessary. Pay close attention to the 2 & 7 pins (blk/orn wires).

Double check your splice for the parking lights truck side. There maybe 2 issues at play here.

5. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Okay, i will double check those pins, for sure and plugs. As far as the truck side, i took the "drl" wire and spliced into the stock DRL lights but whats funny is only one side had the line for DRL's which is the passenger side, then i taped into the the turn signal on the passenger side. For the drivers side, its a little confusing because the turn signals and parking lights are the same lights, no?

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Nope, they're not the same. What you need to do is, disconnect the plow, atleast the light harness.

Cut the DRL feed that you spliced in. You don't need it.

Now turn on your park lights, using a test light, locate the live feed on the drivers side park harness close to the socket, and splice the "park" wire into it.

Then turn the park lights off, and engage the 4 way flashers. Again, using your test light, locate the live feeds on both the drivers, and passengers side and splice both the drivers and passengers side "Turn" feeds into them.

This will correct your issue, plug the plow in, and light um up.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

If after the fact, only one headlamp illuminates, or your turn signals are backwards...it's perfectly normal, there is reversable plugs within the system to correct it. Let us know, and someone will guide you...that is if you don't already know yourself.

8. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Okay i really appreciate it a lot! That reversible plug is the two prong that is near the module right?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct. And you have the headlamp adapter harness plugged in backward on at least one of the truck headlamp harness plugs. Correct that and it will fix your headlamp/plow lamp issue.

10. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Both head light plugs on both sides are in correctly.

11. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Okay, i rewired the parking lights and checked all the headlight harnesses and took out the DRL wire that i had soldered in. The parking lights work perfect, but now when i put the headlights on the low beams are still on the truck and not the plow, when i put the high beams on, the lights on the plow finally work, what is going on here?!

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sounds like your configuration is off. I always had atleast one light come on.....Anyway, this is how to fix it if it is in fact a configuration issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Hmm, so you're saying it sounds like my black is on the low beams and the gray are on the high beams?

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Possible. But there is 2 things here to look for, and, or adjust. First make sure the high and low connectors are on the proper set of lights, on both sides (Gray - Low Beams / Black - High Beams).

Once you've verified that they're on the correct connections, you'll need to reverse the connections for the LOW beams. ONLY adjust the GRAY connectors. go to your headlamps, and look at the connector that plugs into your headlamp. It will have an "A" or "B" on it. These plugs are reversible....as the above directions explain, simply flip it over and plug it back in. If the lights still aren't correct, do the other side. If still not right, leave the one you just did alone, and go back and reverse the first side. This is what is know as "configuration".

B&B, if your around and have a better way of putting it...have at it buddy!

15. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Okay, that makes sense. I'll have to check those connections tomorrow. I do know that the black are on the high beams and the gray are on the lows.

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

Basically, they'll all suppose to be "A" side up, or "B" side up.....Check both high and low (forget what I said about not touching the black connectors.), they're not suppose to be mixed and matched, if you know what I mean. Set them one way or the other, until they are working properly.

17. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

10-4 ill be sure to check that first thing tomorrow! Thanks again!!

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

No sweat man.

19. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Thank you very much repoman! That was my issue, the drivers side low beam was on the B side when all the others were on A.

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like I said in post #9 four days ago. :waving: