1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Extreme V Valve Issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Nov 25, 2015.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Seem to be having multiple issues with this V plow I have. Have already ruled out the controller and plow module (switched with known working ones). Here is what happens. When you hit the left button it raises, then when you let go of the button it floats. When you hit the up button it does nothing except the motor runs. When you hit right same thing. When you hit down it floats. Right wing, scoop, and retract the motor runs and nothing happens. Hit the left wing button and it raises the triangle, then when you let go of the button it floats again (Weird). Any suggestions from the experts? Trying to wrap my mind around all these valves that open and close for each function.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Did you check all the fuses out on the plow? Did you swap module on the plow or under the hood? Under hood module has nothing to do with plow function. Has anyone been messing with plow valve wiring?

3. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Fuses are good. Swapped the plow module. Valve wiring colors are correct according to the diagrams on the covers.

4. kimber750

Is the float light coming on when requesting a different action?

5. kimber750

Also remember these coils switch the ground side not the hot. So checking for power is kind of pointless. You can pull the + of the motor and check magnetism at coils with out plow smacking you around.

6. gtmustang00

from Berlin

If you float the plow then request the other functions it stays in float mode. If you hit the up button to take it out of float, then hit the left button (which is raising the plow)it raises til you let go of the button then it drops.

7. kimber750

Both controls did this? The control sets float not the module. This would point to control issue. But find it hard to believe two controls having same issue. Maybe you need to trace the truck side wiring and look for damage. Check the firewall where wires goes through. Check 4 pin plug at battery harness. Also make sure pins are tight in control connector and the bumper connections are clean.

8. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Yes both controls did this. I also hooked up to my other extreme v and it worked fine (At least the up down as that's all I did since I didn't fully hook up the plow).

9. kimber750

Ok, you have narrowed it down to plow side. Check the twisted wires on the plow.

10. gtmustang00

from Berlin

The guy before me blew the passenger side hose closest to the truck (He hit something with the right wing).

11. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Twisted wires are undamaged (White/Brown twisted wires going into the A connector on the plow side module).

12. kimber750

Could be a multitude of things after a hard strike. Valves, reliefs, checks valves.

13. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

You mentioned that the previous owner hit something and blew a hose. Has the plow worked since then? I saw a situation where a customer screwed up the lines replacing a cylinder and the plow did all sorts of bizarre things before we noticed the problem. I would check the hose routing and make sure all the hoses are connected correctly.

Also, it sounds like the S3 valve is bad which is why it stays stuck in float (this would not make the actual float light come on, but the plow would "float" nonetheless.) The S3 valve wouldn't cause the other issues though.

14. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Guy I bought it from claimed it did. But obviously does not function correctly. It seems like there is a valve or 2 that is screwed up and is bleeding the pressure off elsewhere.

15. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

I'm sure he did

16. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

did you try replacing the isolation module on plow? As of today I am having same exact issue right raises plow left and up lower the plow none of the other buttons work. Did you ever resolve this? I have narrowed it down to strictly a plow issue. Nothing was hit hard damaged blown lines etc worked when I took it off last April.

17. gtmustang00

from Berlin

I switched the plow module with a known working one. No change. I actually sold the plow as it was to much for me to fix (was bent).

18. kimber750

Like stated earlier, always start with the fuses on the pump. Then you can test the coils, just disconnect positive from the motor so plow doesn't move.

Sounds like it took one hell of hit but was curious of what the issue was. Guess we will never know. :(

19. gtmustang00

from Berlin

I will update the thread when the current owner fixes it.