1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher extreme v on lifted truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Nov 10, 2012.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I have a lifted truck and had to modify my 9' x blade by adding plats and re drilling the mounting holes. Will i be able to do that with a 9'6 extreme v? Can someone take close up pictures of it?

Also. What to check, were to look for issues? It's a used unit for $3500. Thanks.

This is the ad.
    http://worcester.craigslist.org/pts/3373188086.html

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. mksent02

mksent02 Member

Sorry I can't help you- but How high is your truck? Apparently I have L.M.D. because I lift all my trucks. I am thinking about the X series blades, just making sure I won't have an issue.

3. gtmustang00

from Berlin

The truck is just a little more than level'd. The truck is 19.5" to the middle of the hole in the push plates. I think Fisher told me a few years ago that id be ok if it was 17-19 inches.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  4. mksent02

mksent02 Member

Thanks, I'm at 19.5 also. I'm not ready anyway so, I have time to figure it out. Thanks Again.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There is quite a bit of adjustability with the XV T-frame and push beam setup. As for trouble with the XV, check the center hinge pin and related components. A few threads here about it

6. gtmustang00

from Berlin

What do i check with the center pin? What is abnormal wear/play?

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

its best checked with the plow up in the air on the truck. With the wings in the straight position, grab the end of the wing and lift. I don't know what the spec is when evaluating in this manner , but anything more than an inch of movement would raise my eyebrows.