1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Engineering

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by guido, Jan 29, 2001.

1. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

I got my "Plowing with the Storm" Fisher History book in the mail today; pretty neat! Thanks to the rep that sent it so fast!! :) Anyway, it was a pretty cool book to read.

Did you know they used to make truck bumpers??

I didn't!

Anyway Thanks to Fisher Engineering!

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Ya that is a good book. Now we know where sno-way got the down presure from and who came out with power angle first LOL.

3. FifthAve

FifthAve Junior Member

Whats a better plow Curtis or Fisher ? We have all Fishers but down pressure looks interesting-whats it all about

4. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

i got my copy today and im in ch3. Good book for someone as plow crazy as me. i got the book very soon after i asked for a copy. Nice to know the history of the plow you run

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

you must of called them they don't look at there email.I wounder why they bother to put it on there web site.

6. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio

I also got the book, read the whole thing twice. I emailed Fisher and within a few days I got a response and soon after i got the book. I was surprised that they also made toolboxes, dump bodies and even campers!

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Plowguy they actually responded to your email i'm still waiting to hear anything from them and it's been longer than a month.

8. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

i didn't really know that not all plows don't have down pressure (i don't plow with a truck; i'm 13) any how, 5thAve's message brought that to my attention, and i kinda thought, hey wait a second, down pressure wears the edge more, right? Our County DOT trucks' plows have gauge wheels on both sides to support the plow weight, but the edge still scrapes the ground, not just a wee bit above, so i guess they don't use down pressure, just the blade's weight is enought... What is down pressure good for and how useful is it really and how effective is it? does it wear the edge quicker? or can you get something like a sensor of some sort that lowers it to the ground and doesn't push down on it, but rather just keep it from flipping up? or do they already have something like that ? what's the deal with down pressure? thanks, and sory for asking so many questions, but that's how ya learn, right?
    Eric

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

bushhogboy I don't know of any plows that have down preasure on them the weight og the unit itself helps it stay down .And yes it would wear out a blade faster to keep constant preasure on it.You might see a belly blade on a truck and that would have down preasure on it as would a loader pushing down on its bucket.

10. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Can someone give me the ISBN? I have a friend who works at a bookstore.

11. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

BushHogBoy

As I recall, SnowWay plows have down pressure.

12. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio

i dont think there is an ISBN. i just asked them for it and they sent ti for free.

13. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Hey,

My snoway has down-pressure, it helps with backdraging, but i dont use it all the time, I have gone thru 1 edge so far, my buddy has a 8' meyer and he is on his 3rd but he does alot more plowing then i do.

Where can i get a copy of the fisher book? it sounds interisting,
    Nate

14. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio