1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher engine driven snow plow problem.

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by charlierock, Oct 11, 2010.

1. charlierock

charlierock Junior Member

I have a fisher engine driven plow, when the control is in the neutral position and i rev the engine the plow raises, anyone got any ideas?

2. sbt1

sbt1 Member

Controls likely not adjusted right. If you lower the control, does it stay level?

3. charlierock

it is electric over hydraulic so there is no adjustment. I have changed the a valve and I am waiting for a b valve to come in the mail. The plows works normally as long as i do not rev the engine. I have already tore the valve body down and there seems to be no problems there. Hopefully the b valve fixes the problem. It seems to have everyone stumped. so i appreciate your input

4. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

maybe the plow is just really anticipating stacking some serious piles this year?

5. charlierock

Lol I hope so!

6. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

It would sound like the ignition is somehow crossing with the controls for the plow. Is your truck a distributor or a pointless system?
    I would trace back the lines from the control to the selenoids and any wires you find that are touching insulate them. electricity can do funny things when wave lengths jump cables.

7. charlierock

With all electric removed. Every coil taken of of the valves and all wires disconnected it still does it.I have now replaced the a and b valves and it still does it. Even the pros at the shop dont have an answer. 3 variables I might have not mentioned before
    1: The plow blade is not hooked up to the truck maybe that has something to do with it?
    2: I removed a fluid filter from the return line on the pump and it seem to be a one way filter/check valve but it was on the return line maybe that has something to do with it?
    3: someone told me that there should be a pressure relief valve on the pump but there is none could that be it?

8. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

I'd say number two is your answer.