1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Emblem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jd5320, Mar 24, 2011.

1. jd5320

jd5320 Junior Member

Quick question guys. Anyone else have a problem with the sticker peeling off the face of the plow after the first season. Thanks in advance.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

yup they dont lastwe just get ridr off them

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Almost every Fisher plow I have sean has had atleast part of the sticker missing. Knock on wood my sticker has yet to show an wear after two seasons.

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

i dont know if they still sell them but back in the speedcast days i bought a cardboard stencil with the fisher splash cut out of it.So I just hold it up to a blade and hit it w/ blk paint then im good for another 3 years.Beats those crappy stickers

5. I got a few of them on EBay a couple of years ago for about $6 each. Good quality and it's still on there.

6. jd5320

jd5320 Junior Member

Thanks guys, Motorman I will check Ebay

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

The stickers on My XLS were gone after the First Storm....Did Not Slow down my plowing one bit.....:salute:

8. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

thats what i used whan i redid a plow on an old plow truck that we use to have. I think they still sell the cardboard stensil of the fisher sign.

9. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

My stickers were gone the first storm as well...still plolwed snow great though!!!!

10. jd5320

jd5320 Junior Member

Motorman Thank you worked out good.Stickers came in yesterday from EBAY.

Hey Matson Snow, kind of like the rain rolls off your balled head. :laughing:

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I know a guy that keeps one on hand all the time. He has a Fisher HT and only plows his driveway. He is a wicked perfectionist and every thing he owns looks like its never bean used. He used to have a 1986 Chevy 1/2 ton with a 7.5' Speed Caster and both the truck and plow looked like brand new.

12. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I still hav my fisher sticker on and my plow, the plow is about 9 years old.

13. jd5320

jd5320 Junior Member

Fisherboy it seems the newer plows the emblem is peeling right off after little use.

I ordered one from Ebay and the guy sent me two for 5.99 the shipping was 6.99 to funny.

14. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

They peel off so easy because the powdercoat has too smooth of a finish... i was told to place my emblem where i wanted it scuff the powdercoat with scotch brite and apply the decal after a lil alcohol wipe down.... then use a quick detailer (spray wax) and you should be all set for a while

15. jd5320

jd5320 Junior Member

oh8 great advise will do that. Thanks for the reply.