1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher electrical question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by x.system, Sep 29, 2009.

1. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I need some help figuring out what part numbers I need to mount MM1 HD/RD to 02 GMC.

The plow has a 2 pin for the hydrolic side and 9 pin for the headlight side. I tryed looking on Fishers site but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Any help would be apreciated.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Western part # is 63392 for the truck side harness (same harness as the fisher) but if i remember right you have to change the headligths to a 12 pin (part 61540-1) or atleast the harness on the plow side.

3. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Thanks Crash, do you happen to know which isolation module I would need?

4. Crash935

I am assuming that we are talking about the newer body style 02 GM.

Iso would be 8437 in 4 port. Would still have to change ofer the plow side to match.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't mean to step on anyone's toes (Crash) but if the plow is 9-pin it would be much more cost effective to run it as such since the 9-pin is fine up to the '02 model year on the GM's.

Just need a 63392 cross harness and of course the main harness, and your battery cables and your good. Much less expensive than buying all these truck side components and still having to change the plow side to 12 pin as well.

6. Crash935

B&B is right when it comes to the 9 pin being the most cost effective (its ok mike, was wearing my steel toe boots so i didnt feel it).

The 63392 is the complete harness kit # and includes the cross harness, main harnesss and relays, still need battery cables and solenoid.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yikes my fault. Was going to give him the whole kit p/n, then decided to break it down also...but neglected to go back and change the p/n.

Good notice Crash. :drinkup:

8. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Thanks alot guys. I ended up calling my local dealer yesterday and gave him all my info so he could look up what I needed and call me back. In the mean time I contacted member Snow Miser out of Chicago by email and gave the same info. Snow Miser got back to me in less than an hour with every part number I needed, priced each part and a shipping cost. I have yet to hear back from the local dealer so you can guess who will be getting my business.

Another quick question, you guys gave me the western part number, is this because its cheaper? easyer to get?

For anyone searching the same setup, here is what Snow Miser gave me as far as fisher part #
    Wiring 22393
    light kit 26070

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't mention anything about wanting to wire it for a vee....

10. x.system

x.system Senior Member

No vee... is there a problem with those part numbers? its a 7.5 ft straight blade.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your 22393 kit is to wire the truck for a vee...

I didn't say you can't though..

12. Crash935

I used the Western # because i can pull them out of my backside without having to look at the book and theres usually more western dealers than fisher which just makes it easier to find the parts then.

When it comes to the fisher #'s, i just wait for B&B to come along and pull them out of his backside.

13. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Ok so I want to post a wanted ad to see if I can find the parts and save a little before I order new, what fisher part # should I be asking for, for my setup?

I'll probably ask for both western and fisher part numbers and let it ride over the weekend, what I can't find I will order new Monday.

Will all western and fisher controllers interchange with these harness's?

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you want to stay with the 9-pin relay system like the plow is wired for? Or update everything to either a 3 or a 4 port Iso setup?

9-pin relay system would be the least expensive although it's obsolete, necessitating another complete wiring upgrade (including the plow side) if you update to a newer truck in the future.

15. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I am figuring on staying with the 9 pin since this will only be used as a backup truck anyway until I can replace it. I plan to sell it next year so I don't want to dump alot into it.

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your best bet if buying new is to purchase a 26070 harness kit which will include not only your truck specific headlight cross harness (which would be p/n 26071) but the DRL components too. If you're looking for something used then you want to ask for the 26071 as thats how the cross harness will be labeled. A used seller won't find the 26070 kit # anywhere on any of the harness's.

Whether you're buying new or used you'll also need a 8275 (Fisher) or 61437 (Western) 9-pin vehicle harness. This is the main harness.

Then of course you'll just need the controller, motor solenoid, and battery cables.

17. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Well, went a total different way, found a western uni mount local so I bought that, then bought nighthawks and a complete harness with iso mod to wire the truck and plow. Wired the truck today and started tear down on the western for rehab. Then I won push plates for the fisher tonight so now I'm debating which plow to run. I would still need a mount for the western or I could be different, nobody around here runs fisher.