1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher electric hydraulic plow wont angle

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mason32, Sep 6, 2008.

1. mason32

mason32 Junior Member
    from maine

I have a 6 1/2 fisher electric hydraulic conventional plow on my 92 commanche and the problem is that it raises and drops fine but wont angle and when you hit the angle lever it will raise. any ideas?

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

will not angle either way? does the pump run? when your trying to do this?

3. mason32

mason32 Junior Member
    from maine

wont angle either way but the motor does run when you try to angle and if the plow is down it will raise up

4. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I would say you have a bad electrical connection. You'll have to narrow it down to bad pin contact, bad ground, controller etc. Anytime my plows have done that i have needed new ends that plug from your headgear to your truck/grill. Pics of your connections might let someone here help. good luck , doug

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

it could be the valves, im not sure exactly on the set up you have... but normally, you will only lose one function , not both...

6. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did you hook the angle hoses up? Are the couplers properly connected?

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I would say that if the pump runs when you go to raise/angle right/left than it's probably a valve issue.

But if the pump doesn't run when angling then it's probably the controller or a bad connection somewhere.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If the hoses are correct check the 3 way valve for current, magnetism, properly functioning valve. It should be the light blue wire, there is suppose to be a sticker inside the valve cover that will identify the valves.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This wouldn't happen to be a CABLE CONTROLLED set up by any chance would it? Most conventional mount plows were...

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

He called it an Electric/Hydraulic I ran the isomark electric control (shep) on a 92 Dakota conventional mount so I was assuming:D.

It would be a broken/unattached cable if it's a cable control.

12. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

I was just looking over the fisher wbsite i would have to say S2 valve if its a (SEHP) setup or Insta-Act

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes the S2 valve is the 3 way valve. the only valve activated during both angle functions

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes have to "assume" until mason can clarify.

Many guys call anything thats not engine driven "electric over hydraulic", since thats what they are...whether they're solenoid or cable operated.

And if it is a solenoid operated unit, it isn't the S2 causing the problem. The S2 will cause it to lose both angle functions but won't make it raise when your attempting to angle. Only a stuck OPEN S3 valve, a defective controller, corrosion in the grill connector or a short in the wiring will cause that.

15. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i had the same problem with my plowsetup. it turned out to be misadjusted cables. play around with the cables and the plow should angle. you also could have a stuck cable, not moving properly. slight binding. once i replaced both cables and adjusted them i had no problems. the cables i think are 30 bucks a cable through fisher themselves. i would try to see how the cables are.