1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Electric Angling Speed Adjustment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowguy01886, Nov 5, 2003.

1. plowguy01886

plowguy01886 Junior Member

Hey Gang,

I had a rebuilt pump motor put on my Fisher electric, as well as new cables (mechanical) from the joystick. The plow raises and lowers fine. I can angle it right (goes nice and fast). But 7 out of 10 times I angle it left, it goes *real* slow. The other 3 times, it goes as fast as the right angle speed.

Anyone ever have this? The guy who installed the cables said he needs to "fine tune" the cable adjustments. He said this is a "touchy" adjustment and could take anywhere from 15 minutes and 4 hours. Does that sound right? Anyone know how to adjust a Fisher's angling speed, or should I let the installer deal with it?

2. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

"fine tuning" the cables should be included in the price... if so... let the installer do it.

if it's an extra charge... id "fine tune" it myself, and spend the extra $ on some "Coors fine tuning liquid" :drinkup:
  3. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

This fine tuning as the installer stated can be time consuming. What most installers find is trying to remove the set screw by the cable. It they strip the set screw ( which happens often)that is where the 4 hours comes into play, so be careful if you try this. You should be OK if you just had a new set of cables installed. You will need to remove the 4-way valve cover(5-sided cover). The valve lever should be in the neutral position. Neutral position should be that the valve lever is 90° to the cable that is attached to it. Have some one move the controller in the cab and observe the travel. it should rotate about 45° in either direction. Put the control in the center position. did the valve lever go to the neutral position? If it is slow to the left you will need to remove the set screw and put a wrench on the jam nut and turn the other cable nut counter clockwise just a bit. reinsert the set screw and try the function again. DO THIS IN SMALL INCREMENTS. Unfortunately this is a time consuming adjustment. Be very careful as theses units are very sensitive to adjustments, an 1/8" of a turn the wrong way can throw this all out of whack. Also make sure the gasket is OK and put the cover back on. You should also put some anti-seize on the set screw for future adjustments of the cable if and when they stretch.