1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher easy vee motor runs but no movement

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by easye, Jan 3, 2012.

1. easye

easye Junior Member
    from mi

Hooked up the blade to go out tonight lifted the blade dropped it and push did one strip down the road then nothing would work its got fluid the electric motor turns but nothing. No lift neither left or right wing work didn't try float. Been plowing many years with western never a prob like this and its the same units. I'm so confused is it a solenoid and valve or the pump its 12yrs old Idk if it factory or not its got a new motor last year. to dark out and had to plow so i haven't got into it yet. Any suggestions would be great.

2. Seeing as you are in Michigan, I'm going to bet it got real cold there yesterday and last night. The first thing I would check is in the reservoir. Look for crystalized ice or a plugged filter.

3. easye

easye Junior Member
    from mi

well there was a lot of water in the hydro system thanks for the hint i was gonna check that since the fluid looked like strawberry milk didnt realize the guy b4 me must of filled half with water it was frozen fluid up past the filter and the filter was coverd in ice from trying to use it. let it thaw and then flused the whole system and put plow fluid with air craft additave in it threw the system then ill drain it again