1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher doesn't offer the joystick anymore?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Fordistough, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Is this true? My local truck dealer said that I can't get the joystick on a new plow setup now. He said I have to use the Fishstick.

2. I believe that is correct. All new Fishers, no matter which one you buy, come with a FishStick with all of the buttons to run a straight blade, Extreme V, XV2 or XLS. Its the new Fleet Flex system. I did an install last week for a friend who bought an 8 foot straight blade and it came with the above described controller. The supplier also told me that we could hook this truck up to any plow (FleetFlex plow) and it would work. Unless, of course, the Security Guard feature was enabled.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Makes sense, keeps cost down by only using one controller.

4. LON

LON Senior Member

Can't use multi-plex wiring with old school electronics.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Can't you still get them for older ones? Or use a western.

6. Right LON. I knew someone that actually knows what they are talking about would chime in. Is there not some sort of adapter available to take Fleet Flex to and "old school" 3 plug setup?

7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

there is no adapter, 2 different systems

8. LON

LON Senior Member

Still shows in 2013 parts price list @ $317.00 and in price & specification guide for Homesteader. I'd say not totally gone.

9. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Joy stick

Fisher does make one for the new plows a buddy of mine has one on his brand new HD blade. The part number on Fishers site is 49700 or 49900. I have seen them on Western a guy in my yard has one for his wide-out. I will have to take a picture of it give me a day or so. Unless they stopped them but I did just get the part numbers off there site.

10. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

And this is why I don't have a new plow. I can't stand handheld controllers.

11. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

Both handheld and joystick controls are still available for the newer, Fleet Flex plows.

Click on the link below. Hit the right scroll button on the thumbnail photos twice until you see the picture of the handheld control. Click on the picture of the hand held control and the image above it will blow up into closeups of both the hand held and the joystick controls.

http://www.fisherplows.com/fe/showroom/xv-2

12. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

I thought I was right

Thanks John I thought I was right. Have a great Holiday you guys are great.

13. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I can agree with this one