1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher dealers not listed on their website?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by somervillesnow, Nov 10, 2011.

1. somervillesnow

somervillesnow Junior Member

I'm surprised, in using the locate a dealer website, that Fisher doesn't have any dealers close to the city of Boston. Closest one is a 45 minute drive (by Boston standards, that is a long drive). I would prefer something closer for when I need it serviced, so I don't have to blow half a day plus figure out how to get back if I leave my truck there etc.

Given how popular Fisher Plows are, I'm wondering if maybe dealers have to pay extra to be listed in the locate a dealer part of the Fisher website, maybe there are actually some closer to the city?

2. bbct001

bbct001 Member

No charge for listings, even sub dealers are on Fishers site
  3. somervillesnow

Well I guess there just aren't that many dealers then.

Sorry what is a subdealer? Also probably related but what exactly does the "factory direct" label signify in the listing results. What are the benefits of choosing one over the other?
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Factory direct dealers are just that, they buy direct from Fisher. Where as a sub dealer has to go thrugh a dealer to get inventory.

Two things come to mind when thinking sub dealer, 1st is price. 2nd is training.

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Check out Salem brake & Clutch in Salem ma,
  6. somervillesnow

Salem Brake & Clutch

Do you have any experience with Salem Brake & Clutch? Reviews welcomed. They are on the Fisher website and they are the one that is 45 min away.

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Never had a problem with them very friendly and they have a lot of inventory also. Highly recommend they deal with a lot of cities and towns DPW or PWD.