1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Cutting Edges

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Marbleman, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

Looking to purchase 5/8" cutting edge for 8', also 7.5 and v plow. NOT looking for the standard 1/2" thick. Any one having any luck finding these in Connecticut
  2. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

napa can get them, atleast mine in ma can
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i bought a 5/8 8 foot edge for a western plow last year from southford garage in southbury. look them up and give them a call. you get a lot more wear out of that extra 1/8 inch
  4. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

I tried southford garage, and they were out of 8' x 5/8" cutting edge, that is where I have been purchasing them. Ugh
  5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I just had my local machine shop custom cut a cutting edge. They used a high-carbon steel that they say might be harder than a stock edge. I also had them make two 9" pieces to give me 1" of thickness on the ends to help with wear.

All for less than the cost of going OEM.

6. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

Like I said napa can get me my cutting edges and we buy 3-5 at a time
  7. fireside

fireside Senior Member

genlco supply has them in stock in west haven.
  8. ladder6

ladder6 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I need some too for my v plow. NAPA can order them, but I was told having them cut to fit may be the cheaper way to go.
  9. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

Went to Genalco, much less than Napa and Fisher Dealer