1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RPMAK, Jan 19, 2004.

1. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

I'm looking for some help. I have a 6.5HS Fisher blade I currently have a Polly cutting edge on it and it is wearing very quickly. I would like to put a Steel cutting edge on however Fisher indicated they do not make one for this blade.

While out plowing the other night I saw the exact same plow as mine and it had a steel edge on it. I guess my questions is if I were to buy a 7 1/2 steel cutting edge would the bolt holes match up to my plow. I understand there will be some overhang which I will cut off. Any help I would appreciate .

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I dont think the 7-6 will match up. You could always buy a 3/8 or 1/2 thick piece of flat stock and use your poly edge as a template to drill holes.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Bolt pattern is different between the two,i've made a dozen or so from 3/8 x 6" flat stock,use the poly as a guide to drill like Crash indicated,much cheaper than the poly junk too:nod:

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

maybe have some fab my metal worker or welder

5. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

Crash 935 thanks alot for the info, question were would I find the 3/8 x 6 flat stock? in order to make this cutting edge

6. Arc Burn

Check with a local welding shop or check the yellow pages for steel suppliers.

7. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

Called a local welding shop this afternoon he has a 1/2 x 6 x 6.5 in stock. Would this be to thick for my plow or should it fit alright with the trip edge?

8. Arc Burn

It's a little overkill but yes,it will work.

9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

it would be perfect, also add a little weight to help with backdragging

10. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

Big Nate's What weight are you referring to for back dragging. I also put on the deflector I bought from you on e-bay works great.

11. Big Nate's Plowing

3/8" x 6" tall weighs approx 5½ pounds a foot and ½"x6" weighs about 8 pounds a foot. a little extra weight on the home steaders (250# themselves) will improve the backdragging ability of the blade

glad the deflector is working, what height was it? (dont remember)

12. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

Big Nate's I understand now. It's not a homestead plow it a regular fisher plow. I bought the 6.5 x 6 deflector worked great last storm.

13. Big Nate's Plowing

ok, you typed 6.5HS and I thought it was a homesteader, lol

glad the deflector is working for you