1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Conversion

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cja1987, Mar 23, 2004.

1. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine just bought a 91 f-250 with an old style fisher conventional mount that stays on the truck all year round. The plow has underhood belt driven hydraulics. I have come up with a possible (cheap???) way to make it a minuite mount. However i do have a few things i would like to run by everyone and see what you think.

Heres my idea: Completely scrap the old style mount by un bolting it from the frame, i know this will take lots of tools and some work. We would then make the hydraulic line(s) used to lift the plow quick disconnects. As i said the head gear would be completely un bolted. It would also be easy enough as someone suggusted to me to use trailer light plugs to make the wires for the lights disconnect. Then buy an older minuite mount that is ment to work with underhood hydraulics. We could either have the dealer install the actual mount under the truck (push plates) or maybe just install it oursealves. Lastly put the same plow back on the MM and its done.... Maybe!!!

Here are my concerns:
    Would an old plows A-frame connect properly to a minuite mount or would it have to be modified or would a new A-Frame be in order?

Second is expense, iwould assume we could get an older minuite mount and truckside mount cheap. the reason i would assume this is because it is not like the electric hydraulic MM'S were the hydraulics are on the headgear. Iam pretty sure that the hydraulics are the expensive part of the plow but we plan to use the same underhood belt driven hydraulics with the new mount.

Thanks for any help i need someone elses opinion to make this work. If you think this conversion would present any other problems please tell me.

Thanks Alot:D :waving:
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

If you really want a minute mount, sell the complete plow that is on there and buy a used minute mount. Probably end up spending about $3-400 more. Or buy a new minute mount. Much easier then trying to fond the right pieces to make that puzzle work.