1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Conventional Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by techsol, Feb 7, 2011.

1. techsol

techsol Junior Member
    from ct, usa

I have a conventional plow set up from a Dodge Ram 50, its a belt driven hydraulic set up.

If I want to switch it to a later model 1998 Tacoma, what do I have to use for mounts, outside of fabbing a set? Change to a minute mount setup, can I at least use the plow?

I know about the pump mounting and under hood stuff but can anyone direct me on the truck mount and head gear side?

Thanks

Rich

2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

You would need to get a Minute Mount set up with either an Insta act pump or the SEHP pump set up. Not sure if truck side mounts are avail in Minute Mount configuration for your set up. You should be able to use your plow set up on a MM1 set up. You just need to make sure the jack clears the lower A-frame "cross member". There might be some information that you could use in my Old School Diamond Conversion. See link in my sig.
    T.J.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  3. techsol

techsol Junior Member
    from ct, usa

Is the Conventional plow compatible with the minute mount ? will the conventional plow be compatible with any other mounts?

Thanks

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes but you need the MM1 upright assembly and Minute mount truck side. Do a search for conventional to minute mount in the fisher forum.

5. Jack33

Jack33 Junior Member
    from NH

I have a 6" SEHP for the small plows and I also have a MM1 upright. I even have a Minute Mount a frame and junk blade that has the brackets on it. If you want to weld, I have some push plates that would at least get you the horns to hook the plow on. Located in New Hampshire seacoast area.

6. techsol

techsol Junior Member
    from ct, usa

What are you looking for, for it?

7. fercho1

fercho1 Member

Nothing like old school fishers!

8. techsol

techsol Junior Member
    from ct, usa

What are you looking to get for it?