1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Conventional Pump Question!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fordplowguy250, Nov 27, 2014.

1. fordplowguy250

fordplowguy250 Junior Member
    from Mass

Hi all,
    New to the forum and I have a couple of questions about my old style fisher pump. First the question which way does it turn CCW or CW????

SO this is my story. I have my plow hooked up to my truck right now with the power steering running the plow. It works great a little slow when trying to steer and angle the plow at once but hey...long story short I have six driveways I plow right now and I plan on taking on much more. I am very nervous the at last minute right before a storm the power steering pump is just going to hang up. Its not acting funny on doing anything concerning but I just want to be reliable.

SO this is my plan. I really dont want to spend the money on a "real" setup even though I should. I have a solution, I use a pump motor and make up a shaft that connects my conventional pump to my pump motor. Then use momentary switches and install them in my existing cable controller. I would only need three raise, right angle, left angle and when I move the stick on the controller it would activate the switch and turn on the pump with a solenoid of course. I have seen some similar systems out there that actually look factory. I dont see why it wouldn't work. I am kind of wondering about the rpm, if the motor I use would be enough to promptly raise the plow and angle it.

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated!!!
    Thanks in advance.