1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher conventional problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by k-20 work horse, Nov 8, 2007.

1. k-20 work horse

k-20 work horse Member

I have a 84 chevy k-20 with a 8 foot fisher conventional, belt driven and cable controled. it goes up and down but it went to the left and wont go back. i put a different piston on the valve and it moved but the orig. angle cylender just wont move!! the piston i have is unfortionitly to small. please help!!!!

Im also looking for some newerstyle plow lights, a cutting edge and the pins to coonect the plow i only have 1 good 1 the other one is missing.
  2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

i know some where theres a thread on here, where some one had same trouble it would go out to the right and stick and the person had to hit it agianst a tree to get it back
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Loosen up the packing nut a bit. Then work it back and forth. If it leaks tighten it down a bit. Once you get it moving it should be fine.
  4. k-20 work horse

k-20 work horse Member

packing nut?

Im new to plows, i appreiciate the quick replie but where is the packing nut?
  5. earl964

earl964 Member

each piston will have a packing nut . right where the piston comes out of the assembly. Also make sure the piston is smooth , some times if the piston is left exposed they become pitted and rusted . Try cleaning them up and adjusting the packing nut , usally this will take care of it.