1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Conventional Mount Release Hook

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ding, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Ding

Ding Member

Anybody have a pic or good description of the release hook used on conventional mount (Speedcast) plows. I did not find any info on the Fisher website.

I need to make something to pull and twist the connecting pin when removing the plow. I really don't wan to crawl under there and do it by hand. Things could happen real quick for an old (44) guy like me.
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Get some cold rolled round bar. Heat up one end to make a hook that will fit the pin handles. The it should be about 36"-40" long depending on the model plow and truck. Whatever is comfortable. Bend the other end 90 degrees for about 10 inches, this is the handle. Then bend two inches 90 degress back down on the end

I have also made them by welding a piece to the end to make a T handle.
  3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Do you mean this?

It's 3 feet long, hand is 5 inches, with an inch bend back to make a C. I'm sure you can make it as long as you want.
    The hook part well just make a hook.

4. Ding

Ding Member

Wow, pretty simple but looks like it should work well.
  5. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I just use a pice of chain with a hook on it cause the snaping tight of chain pulls the pins right open. :gunsfiring: