1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher controls and parts needed questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by stenny, Jan 15, 2014.

1. stenny

stenny Senior Member

ok i am new to plowing just got a setup for my truck but its not complete so i need to find some parts but dont know the name of the parts or what exactly i need!! so i have a fisher plow setup i have blade, and the push plate i believe its called which connects to my trucks frame. this is not a min mount! so i need the lift assembly and a joystick because all i have is the cables that goto the controls on the valve body. i also have a valve body and a hydraulic pump but i am not sure i have pump bracket i need to look.

so questions are what is the yellow thing the chain hooks to called? what is the box frame that goes to the lift piston called? is there a joystick for the old 1980's setup and what is it called? or do i just need to push in and out the cable?

also where can i get these parts used inexpensively? and i also need headlights too! so bascially i need the headlights down that whole frame the headlights and lift cylinder are on
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Just search craigslist. There are tons of plow parts. Use plow as a search.
  3. Agree with TJS. You are looking for some really old speedcaster stuff. CL would be the place to track some of it down.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wow that's a lot that's needed. Might have troubles finding all that stuff in the cheap that you wanting to as well
  5. stenny

stenny Senior Member

yea i found everything i just need to get new headlights also i am looking to convert the belt drive hydraulic system to electric over hydraulic and also convert controlls to electric so i can use it on the road plowing i was told belt drive systems are banned for non road use and commercial use of course after i get my setup i was told all of this!!
  6. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know who told you that. I have two trucks that plow for the state. They both have belt driven systems.
    They are slow as hell but they are down and to the right almost allways.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  7. vlc

vlc Senior Member

I've never heard that either.
  8. stenny

stenny Senior Member

i am in scituate, ma which is south of boston
  9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ri. Cl search yields at least 2 underhood elect. Fisher pumps.
  10. stenny

stenny Senior Member

tjs thank you i will check it out