1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Controller Replacement

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ranger4327, Dec 11, 2014.

1. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

Need to purchase a new controller for MM2 7.5' HD. Part number 9400. Any good sources for a reasonably priced one? I have seen quite a difference in prices. Would prefer to buy NEW.

is this junk?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HAND-HE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1f1f2bbd&vxp=mtr

best price I found "locally" is $254. Got another quote for $450 too. Crazy. Any suggestions? Is the above link to EBAY junk? Best price I have seen....

thanks

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

I've seen the ebay one - It's made by Buyers. Can't say it looked like junk, but it had a very GENERIC feel to it. The one I saw was one of the earlier ones and the little adapter pigtail had blunt cut extra wires flopping loose from the connector. Didn't affect the operation but gave it a very poorly made look.

3. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

Not sure if you saw this on ebay,theres a few ads where you can send your controller in and they repair it. The place im sending my spare to is in taunton,ma. For
    $99.00 and its supposed be warrantied for life. The company also fixes dashboards and other vehicle electronics. When you call,you give them c.c. info and they will send you the label for shipping to them. For the $99.00 you pay includes shipping both ways.Im sending my spare controller to get it fixed,alot cheaper than a new one.

4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Could you possibly PM me the name of the place you're talking about? Thanks.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I had my instrument cluster rebuilt by them did a great job and good turn-around time too

6. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Would be interested in the name or a link too. Or PM if needed. Thx

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

BBA REMANUFACTURING INC
    300 MYLES STANDISH BLVD, STE 1
    TAUNTON, MA 02780-7364
    (508) 822-4490
    www.bba-reman.com

8. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Controller repair

Go to EBAY, look up item # 151515709981, I have used this guy in the past and he is very reasonable when you take into consideration the cost of a new pc board for a controller, I contacted BBA in Taunton last year or the year before about these controller pc boards as I have used them for other pc board repairs (clusters, modules, etc.) and they said they may look into the Controller repair. I have used Monitor Repairs on EBAY have had good results and will continue to use him for plow controller repairs, his cost ends up at $71.00 plus whatever it costs to ship the controller board to him.

9. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Thanks both of you!