1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Control Question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by goodrich, Dec 17, 2009.

1. goodrich

goodrich Junior Member
    from Vermont

I just bought the new Fisher HT plow and am wondering if I should be plowing in the Float mode or the normal position.

2. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

Float mode, allows the plow to adjust to the terrain (bumps,pothole,manholes ect)

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Float position will allow the blade to move up and down with the contour of the terrain you are plowing. You want to use float most of the time, almost always when plowing forward. When backdragging use the normal position. This will reduce the blade lifting. You could use the normal position in some situations when going forward if you have some nice flat pavement and you want to try to scrape it clean. Also, move from float to normal at the end of your run if you are plowing off the edge of black top onto a lawn. It will help keep the blade from digging in.

4. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

Thanks! That tip about not using float-mode when back-dragging is one I have not heard before and will definately add that to my newbie list.

:drinkup:

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It only works on direct lift plows, like the HT. It will not prevent the blade from lifting on your 8 foot Fisher because of the chain lift.

6. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

Understood. Thanks.

:salute: