1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher control problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cooper91, Dec 30, 2015.

1. cooper91

cooper91 Junior Member

I have an 8 foot HD fisher snowplow with controls mounted in the cab. My problem is with the controls. The plow will be working fine and then the red power light on the control lever will start blinking killing all control to the plow. After a few minutes or sometimes more it will begin to work again. It will go through this scenario aver and over again. Any insight on this problem will be appreciated.

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I've had Western controllers for my v plow go bad; two so far over about 8 years. I always carry a spare.

If you can, try a different controller to see if the problem goes away.

3. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

check your grounds most of the time thats the problem

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

4 pin or 6 pin control plug? On fleet flex blinking is a communication error.

5. MikeRizz

MikeRizz Junior Member
    from NH

I had the same issue last year and it ended up being my controller was bad.

6. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Double check you power & ground connections & your battery. Make sure the switched power under the dash that goes to the controller isn't compromised.