1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher,BOSS or Blizzard

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Still debating on a new plow, I have quite a few smaller commercial lots where I need to stack snow at times. I previously had thought the Fisher Extreme V stainless steel was well over 6k! (OUTCH!) but... I talked to our Fisher dealer and he said an installed price was around 5300.00 bucks plus tax. I like all of the features of the Fisher but is it worth the extra $$$$$ compared to a BOSS V or a Blizzard speed wing. Fisher-$5300.00, Boss poly V $5135.70 and Blizzard speed wing $4675.00. Any feed back is appreciated and thanks in advance!!
  2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

BOSS!!!!wesport They are heavy-duty and the best in my opinion. And the service is awesome!
  3. ashsupply

ashsupply Junior Member
    from nh

the new fisher extreme v plow no longer has a center rubber in the middle anymore, and is exceptionally fast
  4. jryden145

jryden145 Member

We were converted from western, to boss, and we absolutly love them. They are fast, easy to hookup and unhook, and they are tuff.

5. Brian Young

I know! I saw the video and if its real time thats faster then the BOSS V blade. I wasn't thinking but the BOSS V is a full trip plow, but how can if trip forward when in scoop or v position? IT WONT so that tells me the plow would be taking the brunt of any hit then transfering it to your truck right? OUTCH! I like the trip edge design of the Fisher, makes sense to me. We'll see, if I don't sell my 94 then its probably going to be a Blizzard speed wing set up. MAMA says no to the $$$$ Fisher if I don't sell the 94.
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I am for the X blade then the 860sw. I would never buy a boss V, you gave my answer with it not tripping. An't that has a release valve to let the wing move back before it trips will fail at some point. Trip edge, works every time.
  7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

He is correct. In the scoop position it blows the relief valve until the wing folds back, then (if you haven't stopped the truck yet) the blade will flop over.

In the V position, the blade will just flop over.

Neither is particularly nice, but careful driving prevents that from happening 95%+ of the time. And in all the years of my blades life, they still haven't failed.

I still say dealer support is more important than your favorite brand, though. As I've stated many times before, my Boss dealer is 5 mins from the house... all I buy is parts though...
  8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

This is the same type of relief valve that is on your plow.

When you hit some thing with the end of your plow and the relief valve pops your plow goes to that side, Right?

Sooner or later it will fail resulting in damage to your plow.:dizzy:
    Same logic..:waving: .

When was the last time you had a relief fail?
    And not from being set to high ether..

derekbroerse is right on the money..

The Boss V plow will trip in all positions.
  9. Brian Young

Well thanks for all the replies and opinions. I decided on a 8'6" Blizzard Speed Wing from Jerry's. I talked with him for about an hour and like someone said in another post, dealer support is important and between all of the different dealers, Fisher,Boss,Meyers and Blizzard I strongly believe this will be a good relationship.
  10. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

BOSS plows.....nothing compares to them when it comes to V-plows.