1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher blades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaveO, Oct 7, 2001.

1. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

I was reading Fisher's 2001 kit guidebook(good info) and they had a table listing the blade weights. There were "L" series and "M" series blades.

These are NOT the L for light duty, R for regular duty and H for heavy duty designators. Does anyone know what the difference is? The "M" series blades appear to be about 50lbs lighter than the "L" series.

Dave

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I beleive that these letters are for the first years of the first generation of Minute Mount Plows. All my blades have been repainted but I seem to remeber seeing H and L Blades on the stickers. Maybe talk to a dealer or e-mail Fisher for more info.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

DaveO - From reading the tech info on the Fisher site it looks like the lighter blade (M model) is with the new Minute Mount II. I had heard that the blade was going to be redesigned. Partly to be lighter. If I remember right, you're going to be able to use a wider blade for some applications - ie: 8' where now you're limited to a 7.5'.

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Ah Fisher Blades

LD Series

6'9" and 7'6" This is the new min mount style

6'5" and 7.0" was the old style mount

RD Series

7' and 7'.5" new fisher min mount style

7' and 7'5" old style mount

HD Series

8' 8.5" (started in 2000), (8.5' V-plow) and 9' new fisher min mount style.

8' and 9' ( and 8.5' was built for a short period of time) old style mount.

MC Series

9' , 9.5' V-Plow, and 10' new min mount style.

10' MC old mount style.

Geoff

5. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

Thanx for the feedback. Mick, it seems you hit it right. Fisher has redesigned their blades for this season. If you look at the assembly info on them, it shows supports in different areas than before. It appears that weight savings was the target.

Like Mick stated, this is so you can use larger blades on some trucks. On my '01 diesel sb xcab ram, it was spec'd for the 7.5ft blade ONLY last year(FAWR legalities). With this new blade series, the same truck can carry up to a 9ft blade without concern.

The Vblade could still put it over the FAWR however....

Dave