1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher blade compatibility?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by thatlittleguy?, Sep 27, 2010.

1. thatlittleguy?

thatlittleguy? Member

I have a MM1 setup with an 8 foot blade on my 95 f350. Everything is in good working order with the exception of the blade, which is very rotted. I have a line on an 8 foot blade in good shape, but it is set up for the older style fisher with the three holes where everything is mounted truckside (speedcast?). My question is: can i just take off all the mounting gear from the new blade and mount it to my MM1 mount? Here's a pic of the new blade:

thanks for your help

plow.jpg

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

The jack will hit the angle iron that goes across the a frame.You have to cut it off and weld a new one back farther. If you look at your mm1 you will see what I mean.But it will fit with a little mod. :mechanic:

3. thatlittleguy?

thatlittleguy? Member

thanks for the info:)

4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

You also might be able to put the A frame from the mm1 on the your speed cast.