1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher base angle trip edge needed. new or used is ok

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snap1, Dec 21, 2009.

1. snap1

snap1 Junior Member

i have a 7 1/2' MM 2 i need a new or good used trip edge for. The plow i bought must have done a dirt road because the trip edge is destoyed and doesnt leave a nice clean driveway. It is bent badly or i would just bolt on a cutting edge. i dont think this trip wouls take a cut edge. it is really bad. Anyone have one for sale? I am in central mass near milford . Thanks

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

$553 for a new one. I doubt you'll find one used.

3. snap1

snap1 Junior Member

I found a new one for $400 and didnt really want to spend even that. i am only doing my driveway and my neighbor, so this isnt for a money making operation or i would just do it and wouldnt care about the money end. Thanks

4. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Try Hillside Motors in Westport MA he might be able to help you, he is a Fisher dealer.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know if the edge from an old quick switch would fit, but those are almost free. Couple hundred gets you a whole blade.

Can you pull the trip edge and try to straighten it enough to bolt an edge on?

6. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

I would pull it and see if you can put it in a big press and straighten it out I live in bellingham I would like to see if I can fix it what town do you live in

7. snap1

snap1 Junior Member

i live in hopedale. do you have a shop in bellingham ? i will take some pics tonight it is pretty bad though.