1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Back Blade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by luciani634, Dec 18, 2007.

1. luciani634

luciani634 Member

Here is my back blade for my fisher RD plow that my dad and i made this weekend.

PC140026.JPG

PC150066.JPG

PC150085.JPG

PC160090.JPG

PC160093.JPG

2. luciani634

luciani634 Member

More pic

More pic of fisher plow

PC180116.JPG

PC180120.JPG

PC160096.JPG

PC160099.JPG

PC150068.JPG

3. earl964

earl964 Member

That is nice. Can you give me some measurements on that .
    Thanks

4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

good job nice team work

5. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

that looks awesome, i need to get me one of those! Please post some measurements i have the same plow. Thanks! - Nick

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is some nice work there. i also like the red on the front and back blade. REAL SHARP, but different!

7. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

That looks great! I'm jealous, I wish I had the time, equipment, and skills to build one!

I'm heading over to my local Fisher dealer on Friday to buy one

8. nichols

nichols Member

That's a really slick setup. I have an older 8' Fisher speedcaster blade that I'm putting on a Minute Mount headgear setup, and I'm looking to fab up something similar after I modify the A-frame to work with the Minute Mount jack.

One question - what are the three pieces of square tubing for on the backdrag blade that are parallel to the blade, and look to be mounted about an inch from the top? Do those sit up against the bottom of the spring mounts?

Once I get mine made, I'd be happy to replicate it for someone else if you bring me the steel. It's the least I can do for all of the information I've picked up on this site! I live just east of Worcester, MA for those interested and somewhat local. :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

backblades are great, whats is the grey wire going to the moldboard? do you have lighted plow edge markers?

10. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Do you think you could give more detailed photos, I.E. a shot from the side, while the blade is on the ground, and a shot of the middle to show what holds it, and show how and where it hinges. Also, how much of a backwards angle does it have? Does it flex at all? How thick is the flatbar ? Thank you, I am planning on making one for my 9 foot Speedcast.

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Great job, looks really nice

12. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

while your at it, the first born too :D

13. hadley-plow-guy

hadley-plow-guy Member

Wow great job!! I am gonna make one up and instead of only bolts I am gonna put 2 quick release pins and 2 bolts to allow it be folded back. Some of the resi's I do have some narly hangups and I don't want to ruin it. Thanks for posting your project you gave me a great idea.

14. snowcan

snowcan Member

Nice work!!!!!

15. luciani634

luciani634 Member

Re posting

16. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i have and idea? what if you cut liitle angle pieces and welded them on as a icebreaker.?

17. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

Nice set up, Need something like that on mine.

18. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats cool, I hope it works out well for you. Thats a nice welder too.

19. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

Nice job and it looks good too. All my blades have back blades, great when doing alot of driveways.

20. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I NEED one of these for an 8'.....how much to fab me up one?