1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher angling problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cward05, Nov 14, 2004.

1. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Hello, I own an older style fisher plow with belt driven hydraulics. I finally got to test it out the other day (first snow of the season, and first time plowing) and it was amazing! But, I seem to have run into a problem...when I try to angle the blade, nothing happens. It turns maybe a quarter an inch, then makes a squeeling noise. It was working fine when I put it away for the season, but now it is not angling. Since then, the only thing I have done was to replace the pump fluid. Could it be air in the lines? I (removed the old fluid with a turkey baster and filled it with new fluid) If not, the only other thing I can think it may be is that the right hose going to the right angling piston is at a 90 degree angle. Could it be cutting of the fluid supply? Also, the quick cupler to this same hose seems to be loose since I can take it off without releasing the cupler. The hose doesn't seem to reach the cupler (I have to yank it hard to make it fit) Is there anyway to fix this? Its on the middle holes under the truck. If I move it to the lower hole might that work? If anyone could give me detailed instructions on how to fix this problem, I would greately appreciate it! Thanks!

Christian

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I would start with the coupler problem, You need both couplers connected and working for the blade to angle because you end up taking fluid out of one cylinder and basically putting it into the other cylinder.

3. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

Sounds like you just need a longer hose and a new set of quick connects to fix the 2nd problem. That's an easy fix - just goto fisherplows.com to locate the nearest dealer and go buy them.

For your 1st problem start with the basics:

Is your fluid level still full?
    Remove the 90 degree fittings out of both of the lift cylinders and with your plow raised try to manually move the plow from left to right. This will determine if one of the cylinders is frozen.

Let us know...

-Greg

4. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

If I were to use the bottom holes under the truck instead of the middle holes, wouldn't it shorten the distance that the hose needs to reach the cupler? The only problem is that the A-frame wouldnt be level to the ground anymore but only slightly. What do you think everyone?

5. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

HEY! My idea worked! If I use the bottom holes, the hose reaches and it angles like a beauty! Thanks for the help everyone.

6. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

I'm not sure if that is a good idea.

Based on what you told us, if you were to push snow over an embankment and the plow goes down farther than on level ground, it would rip the hoses right out.

Why don't you just go buy a replacment hose that originally came on the plow?

-Greg

7. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

that sounds like a smart idea...actually the casing is cracking anyway. how much do they usually go for with labor charges to install it?

8. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

I know the quick connects are $20.00. Anything from fisher is expensive so I would have to bet that hose is $30.00. You can instal them yourself in 5 minutes so you don't need to pay labor.

just goto fisherplows.com and locate your nearest dealer...give them a call for exact pricing

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you have a hydraulics company close by go to see them and have them make the hose any length you want. We have all our hoses made whether it is for our skid steer or plows. Quite a bit cheaper too.