1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher angle cylinders

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by quickcar, Feb 16, 2007.

1. quickcar

quickcar Junior Member

hello everyone ,
    this is one of my first posts so go easy on me.
    i found an 89 full size blazer near me with a fisher plow on it ,
    my question is he says the angle cylinders leak and he removed them ,
    he said they just need new seals
    is it possible to change just the seals or would i be better off replacing the cylinders

btw if i buy this truck it will be my first plow truck ever so im quite excited

thanks
    rick

2. bigredwood

bigredwood Junior Member

You can just do the seals, but for a couple hundred bucks, I would just replace both pistons and be done with it. Then you know to amount of abuse the piston have taken, and you don't have to worry about whether or not you repacked the seals correctly. It's not too difficult to replaced and repacked the seals, but the piece of mind would be worth it to me.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check the chrome finish on the rams.If it look's to be in very good condition without any rust or pitting then you can just repack the cylinders but if you find ANY pitting,rust or flaking chrome, then replace the entire cylinder as the new seal's won't last long anyway.