1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher and meyers question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rschriek, Dec 3, 2010.

1. rschriek

rschriek Junior Member

I bought a 91 f350 with an old fisher cable driven electric hydralic pump on it in short the guys at the shop said its probably not worth fixing its gonna be a small fortune to fix it. he said he might be able to mount a meyers e60h in there is this possible? and i got a e60 whats the difference? thanks

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

what is wrong with the fisher that could be expensive. what does it do or not do. i bet you could have it working tonight with some help from this group. the money to cobble in that E-60 will cost more than fixing the one you have.

tell us whats wrong with it.

3. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

The H means high lift if I remember . As far as mounting, I have not tried that swap yet .

4. rschriek

rschriek Junior Member

if you jump the soloenoid the motor runs. thats all it will do won't raise won't lower no side to side. Plow hasn't been used in 5yrs atleast. he said the valves are probably shot and the cables are def. frozen. I guess ill find out after they tear the motor apart. thanks though was just curious what my options were

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Is the pump on the headgear or mounted uder the hood?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  6. rschriek

rschriek Junior Member

its on the head gear

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

I think your going to be much better off getting that one going.

The first thing I would do is un screw the covers on the this side of the pump where the cables go into, spray them down with some Fluid Film or WD40. Let it rest for overnight. Drain, clean, and refill the oil / reservoir, clean or replace the filter attached to the pump inside the reservoir. Not sure if you've even tried the joystick yet, but if it were me, I would disconnect the cables at the pump, momentarily and work the valves back and forth manually first, but you can simply try using the joystick if you want to, just be careful not to force it if it binds up on you.

The most your going to waste is some hydraulic oil and time!

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Here is the manual.

I have pictures of one being torn apart if you would like them.

9. rschriek

rschriek Junior Member

its at the shop now so i kinda can't. supposrd to pick it up in the morning so i'll try it. ooh pictures awsome my email is rickschriek@gmail.com thanks

10. no lead

repo hits it right on the head. unhook the cables and run it by hand. these are really easy most of the time. you can change the cables yourself in 40 minutes if you are handy. now is the time to learn how to fix it yourself. read the manual and ask questions if you need help. 2 new cables are easy to get on this site.

11. rschriek

rschriek Junior Member

sweet a manual i was trying to find one this is awsome!! I thanks a ton at least now i can figure out how to disassemble this thing.. thank thank you!!!!

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

No sweat.

I can't find the pictures I had taken last year, but here are a few others...don't mind the mess, my son wanted to do one on his own, as you can see he made one heck of a mess. Just stay organized while doing this and you won't have anywhere near a mess on your hands.

The Manual also has good blow up pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

14. no lead

pre 1985 all the way. oldie but goodie. i have every part for that power unit. let us know what doesn't work and you will be up and running in no time.

15. rschriek

rschriek Junior Member

hey thanks for the help i got the plow to work the pump was seized. thanks so much for the help.