1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Accessories - helpful?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by solar, Sep 21, 2006.

1. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

I don't see many pics of trucks with the accessories, but does anyone use them? (i.e. SnowFoil, deflectors...)

Ref: http://www.ashsupply.com/snowplow_blade_accessories.php

Just curious. I'll be in a full size this year and wondering if it would be helpful - used to plow in a Tacoma where it definately would have been in any decent snow fall.

Thanks,
    m

2. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I have a snofoil on my plow and would never take it off. It keeps the snow from coming up over the truck and reducing my visibility.

3. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I use the rubber deflector, because I found in heavy snow conditons 8"+ the foil traps snow and causes the blade to lift. I'm also going for the new curb guards this year, it will cut down on wearing the heads off the trip edge pivot pins.

Bill

4. LON

LON Senior Member

You ought to try the Winter Xtendor's. They have more surface area - http://www.winterequipment.com/winter_sell-web.html
    I have these in stock

5. nsmilligan

Thanks they look interesting. I've got ot make up a set of carbide edges for my new extreme V, and I think I'll make the outside edge the same as the center, with the bend, and that would act as a curb guard.

Bill

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Bill, good to see your still around. Hows the SideWing holding up?

Solar,
    Everyone I've talked to who have the foil, A: love it, B: didn't like the price, C: do say it lifts in really wet heavy snow and D: would never leave home without it.

I have the ProWings so they are my curb guards.

7. nsmilligan

The sidewings still working well, had to blast and paint it, and it's due for it's 3rd u-edge.

Once I saw how fast the hydraulics were on the extrme V I had to have one.

Bill