1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher a-frame mounting holes

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Mar 31, 2011.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I need to modify my plow mounting height because i have a lifted truck. Using the top holes the a-frame isn't level. Does anybody know what material the a-frame mounting hole metal is? Dimensions also?

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i just had a machine shop punch 6 sets of wholes in 1/2 plates and welsded it to the 3 sets of existing wholes

3. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Who did this and can you post some pictures?

4. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Looking for a shop to do this for my plow. Thanks. If someone could PM me a shop that would be great.

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Man I hope they at least added some gusseting. The higher you get up in the holes (no pun here) the more pendulum effect you have. Got any pics of said “6 wholes”.

6. gtmustang00

from Berlin

My old boss's 99 was modified and never had any cracking problems. But yea it needs to have strong metal and strong welds.

7. gtmustang00

from Berlin

[​IMG]

Something like that. My old boss's plow only had the mounting ear piece. I don't think my truck is that much higher to need the holes that high.

8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

That is the way it should be done. Like I stated above. Gussetting at least.
    T.J.

9. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Yea and who ever did it knew how to lay a bead dwn NOT his/her first rodeo

10. Took the words right out of my mouth....outstanding fabrication, fit and finish!