1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 9' wont lower

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by The Beez, Oct 8, 2010.

1. The Beez

The Beez Junior Member

I have a 9' Fisher Min mount with insta-act pump on a 2001 F-350. Just put it on to move it yesterday and it wont lower but left and right are fine and obviously it raised. The coil does not have magnetic pull when key on and control held in lower function position. Checked and no 12v at white/yellow wire on coil nor at harness pin 9 that controls that function. So it can only be the wire to the controller or the controller itself right? Also, can I run a jumper wire from battery with 12v to the coil to get it to lower the plow or will it damage something? I need to get it off the truck. Thanks
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're on the right track, visually check the white/yellow wire back tracking completely through the harness. Testing from the grill connector to the controller plug with a DVOM will narrow it down for sure if you find no visible issues first.

You can apply 12V directly to the S1 coil on the pump to get it on the ground temporarily. Just be sure to keep your feet clear.
  3. The Beez

The Beez Junior Member

Ok, thanks! I just need to get it off the truck, then i have time to figure the wiring out later. oh, and i will keep my feet clear!
  4. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

jack it up alittle then unhook the chain. try swapping out the controller.
  5. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

I agree with masf123, try a differant controler first if you have one available. that will help you narrow it down reel quick.....