1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 9' Stainless X blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by LawnProLandscapes, Jan 23, 2010.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

im looking at a 2003 f-550 with a 9' stainless x blade on it but it doesnt have the intensifire lights on it, is it still a mm2 or mm1?

2. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

It's a Minute Mount II. The X Blades have only come with the MM II setup. By looking at it you can tell by the domed top and the handle for working the pins. The Intensifiers have only been out for a few years, but you can buy them and put them on the headgear. I did that with mine. Nice truck by the way. Chris
  3. LawnProLandscapes

awesome thanks for clearing that up for me. im in limbo whether i want to keep that blade or sell it, im really wanting a xls or wideout but cant make my mind up at all :dizzy:
  4. LawnProLandscapes

they dont happen to make wings for the xblade do they?
  5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Keep it, read Repo's XLS thread.
  6. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

I like the good old straight blades myself. Chris
  7. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think they make wings for the X-blade, they might but i'm not sure. You could always put pro-wings on it.
  8. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

i would not base Repos plow problems (which i have read and that sucks hope it gets fixed soon) on the whole line of xls plows. there are hundreds of them out there that work just fine as soon as i get the money i will be buying one of those. I also have a xblade and when i bought it the old style lights were on there but it was very easy to switch them over.
  9. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

Keep it, ive have my 9' xblade for 4 years. had my first problem this year, blew a hose when I hit a dug drain lol.

I believe Fisher switched to the intensifire lights in 06/07. so there were 3 or so years of xblade production with the old style lights.
  10. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

You can get sideplates installed on the X-blade.
  11. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Nice truck. If you want to sell it i will give you 500 for it. LOL just throwing it out there.:p