1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 9.6 XV non-stainless question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ducaticorse, Feb 17, 2014.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Can a full size F350 SRW 5.4 gas burner push this blade effectively running a loaded 1 yard spreader?

2. ducaticorse

from we

Ok good talk

3. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Junior Member
    from Ohio

For light snows. Sure. Heavy storms it would struggle

4. ducaticorse

from we

I figured as much. Im just wondering if it would be total overkill or not.

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

F350 SRW 410 gears I have one I own it since 02 when I bought new I run a 1.5 yard spreader with 8.5 pro plus with wings It will push anything in front of it
    I added rear springs to hold the weight

But back in 09 I pick up a used 99 F350DRW 373 gears 5 speed I started run it So now the V box is on it now My plow 9'6'' MVP Run wings part time I plow in 2wd most of the time

both trucks are 5.4 motors neither struggles plowing. If I buy another plow truck will be a 5.4 again

To OP if its a auto you want 410 gears. If its a stick you want 373 gears so it will back up fast. Standard was 373 when I order mine I wanted 410 in a auto the ones had 373 is a dog with a auto and would struggle in a heavy snow

6. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I agree, my 5.4 plows great with the 9.5 v plow. It even tows fine under 35 mph, its over that that it is really a dog with a trailer. It has plenty of low end grunt for plowing though

7. ducaticorse

from we

Thanks guys, feed back is great!

8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

It will be fine

9. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Guy I sub my truck out two has a 5.4 and v10's both have 9'6 xv's and 2 yard sanders. Says the 5.4 gets the job don't but no where near what the v10 does when thier loaded. So you should be good