1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 9.6 EZ Vee on 2004 F350 psd

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by boba, May 13, 2004.

1. boba

boba Senior Member

Is the fisher 9.6 ez vee too large for a 2004 350 psd dual wheel dump?

The fisher guide shows it's okay. I ran a Boss 9.2 V on a 99 Ford 350 dump w/o any problems.

Someone suggested a 550 but I think it would be too large for residential driveways.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I would go 8ft to 9 ft max

3. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Its fine for that truck.

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I would not get an 8 foot way too small for a dulley your outside wheels would be riding in the snow:rolleyes: 9'6" v sounds like a great idea!

5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I have a 2500HD with a duramax/allison. I am running a 9'6" v and love it(other than the controler) It carys the blade excellent. I would say that your truck will be fine since you have a few 100#'s more avalible fawr than i do. I dont have any experice with your truck but I would say width wise a 9'6" would be my choice if fisher says its ok.

A 550 is a fat pig and i wouldnt try to stuff it down driveways. Actually my truck is kinda a PITA for drives and I'm a SRW reg cab long bed with the 9'6"

A DRW with a 9'6" is actually better for lots and thats were I would try to stick it but thats just me....

6. boba

boba Senior Member

Thanks for the responses. BTW Fisher has a new control unit that does away with the mode button

Ratlover that was my thought on the 550. The dump body is 2' longer which would be a problem on some of the drives I do. And I do not need the extra capacity.

7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Fisher does! in that case my Fishstik is going to be keeping my plow shoes company ;)