1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher 8HD adjusting....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stillen, Nov 16, 2008.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

My 8 foot HD mm2 has these 3 settings underneath. It looks like it changes the attack angle...

How do I know what is right for me? It looks like if i set it at the top holes the blade has more of a perpendicular touch with the surface, wouldnt that be better for back dragging? Is there a guide that tells me what is right

right now im on the lowest,

Thanks for any help

2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Your A-Frame should be parallel to the ground. This will keep your cutting edge from wearing unevenly (IE getting that "smiling" look.

3. stillen

stillen Senior Member

thanks for the info..... so i guess i need to add my ballast to be sure ... hmmmmmm

i really was lookng for a way around installing a back drag blade.... im just soo lazy

4. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

I was lazy too, thats why i bought an X-Blade :drinkup:

5. stillen

stillen Senior Member

does the x blade not need a back drag blade ????/

6. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

its got a pretty wicked attack angle, from what ive heard it backdrags pretty damn good

7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

When I ran yellow plows, we had them all at the greatest attack angle they could be at, which still isnt anything special. Now I run X Blades, and no, you do not run a backblade on an X. Jack your A-Frame up on the yellow plow, and make it as aggressive as you can. You will not notice a difference in your cutting edge, and by the time you do, hopefully you would have made $120 plowing, to go buy a new one to get another 2 or 3 years out of.