1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 8611?!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sven1277, Jul 15, 2015.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I really wish Fisher would build a Blizzard 8611 sized expandable. I call them every year to inquire about it. I run Blizzard and Fisher plows. I could switch everything over to Fisher if they would just build this darn plow. There, my rant is over.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Might be time to look at snowex

3. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

If you found a dealer who sells both fisher and snow ex and was willing to mix and match components you could probably have them build you an 8611lp fisher plow. All you would need is the snow ex 8611lp moldboard kit and the fisher xls a-frame/headgear kit and 99% positive they should work together, I was at a trade show this spring and saw both plows and it looks like fisher xls, western wideout, and snow ex 8611 all use the same a-frame. I was going to start making the plows this summer because I am a fisher dealer and I used to be a blizzard dealer. But since snow ex replaced blizzard I can't sell blizzard anymore and snow ex wouldn't let me become one of their dealers.

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Why wouldn't snow ex let you become a dealer?

5. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

Because there is already a snow ex dealer that is 20 minutes from me. They don't want their dealers too close together.

6. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

That does not stop Boss....There are 4 Boss dealers within a 10 mile radius of me

7. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I've got a Boss subdealer 10 minutes from me but everytime I stop in there they keep saying they don't know much about Boss but they work on everything mostly Western. So I go to a dealer 45 minutes away for something major. This dealer knows everything about Boss and all other plows also. You'd think if you advertise that you sell and work on certain plows that you would be knowledgeable about them.