1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 8' HD Interchangability

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Stad, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Stad

Stad Junior Member

I have an 8ft. Fisher HD Conventional Mount plow. It is on a 1988 Chevrolet K3500 4 X 4. I know it's a dinosaur, but I love this plow. My question is "What other GM trucks will it fit?". I went to the Fisher site, and they list K2500/3500 applications up to 1996. I would like to mount it on a 1998 GMC K2500. Will this be a problem? Thanks. -John, Southwick, Massachusetts

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is your '88 the old body style with the vent window in the door, or the newer style without a wing window?

3. Stad

Stad Junior Member

1988 K3500

New style, no wing window.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then your OK all the way to the 2000 model year on a 3500 as well as up to late '99 on a 2500 as long as it's still the old body style.

You may run across a bolt hole or two that may or may not be there due to variations through the years but the rails didn't change.

5. Stad

Stad Junior Member

Thanks

That's what I thought. I hate to scrap ole ' 88, but she's got holes in the oil pan, cracked exhaust manifolds, and no cab corners.

6. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

plow plates fit 88-98, went threw this had to find plow plates to fit on a 96 chevy, found out that from 88-98 wiill work,