1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 8.6 EZV on mid 80's K10

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JCurtis, Jul 28, 2002.

1. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Any one have any input into putting a 8.6 Fisher EZV onto a
    mid 80's Chevy K10 with 6' bed.

By the way it has a 4 inch lift kit on it.

I was just toying with the idea :help:

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i dont no about the fisher but i think it will way to heavy

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Jeff if it was anyone else asking I would say no. But given that the same axel is used in 3/4 ton trucks, and with proper rear ballast higher spring rate front springs are already in place, I would think this could be done. I dont know if with the lift, if you will be able to get the hitch mount points low enough.
    Dino

4. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

so i guess putting a western 8.5' MVP on a 95 silverado isn't a good idea? :nono:

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I agree with Dino. The truck can handle it, the lift kit will be the only obstacle. What size tires are you running? Maybe you can put smaller ones on for the winter to get the hitch lower?

~Chuck

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Chuck,

The truck currently has 35's on it. I fully intended to drop down to either 33's or even 31's

No way would I try to plow with 35 inch tires.

Have plowed with 31's and 33's on a truck before.

Looking at the fisher spec sheet, looks like the EZV is only 150 lbs heavier then the RD

Truck also has dual shocks in the front.
    I may have to ballast the rear to keep it level.