1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 7'6" Plow FS

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mayhem, Sep 13, 2006.

1. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Old style Chevy/GMC plow in excellent condition. Used it to do my driveway this past year and owned by my brother to do his driveway for the last 10 years, prior to that owned by my brother in law to do a small route since new (approx 1986). All rams are in good or better working order and there is scarcely a drop of rust on the blade (I'll post pics soon).

Plow is currently on an 85 GMC 3/4 ton long bed 4x4 and the conditions of the sale are you want to plow, you take the truck. Truck is rusty and beat up, but still pretty solid underneath...it was a severely overbuild 3/4 ton truck from the factory...it was built without emissions and designed to run on leaded gasoline...its built more like a 1 ton than a 3/4, have original window sticker if its of any interest. Presently showing 115,000 miles on the odometer which is accurate to the best of my knowledge. 350 crate motor with 4bbl carb installed at about 85,000 I think. Runs great, but was underused by my brother so the valve covers leak like mad (I did the driver's side already and have the gasket for the passenger side for the next owner). Leaky passenger side manifold and no e-brake so I had no plans to put it on the road, had a valid MA inspection sticker through October 2005. I snapped the driveshaft this spring and then right after I put the replacemetn shaft in the transfer case snapped in two. I can take a hint so I've replaced the truck and need to get rid of it and the plow. Due to the bad t-case the truck will have to be either flatbedded or towed. You could get a boneyard t-case and this thing might go for another 10 years plowing your driveway or farm...or something else mgiht snap in two or fall off the minute you put the plow into some deep snow. New battery, tires have a good 90%+ left in them and frankly since last year was my first plowing season I managed to get the thing into some pretty good jams that I just backed out of so the traction is definitely there. Worst case scenario you've got a decent parts truck and an excellent plow to put onto your full size Chevy/GMC through 1987 model year. Clean title ready to sign over to a new owner, I am the 4th owner, last 2 were both brothers...originally bought with 9k miles on it.

Asking $750 or best offer, you pick up. Located in Peru, MA zip 01235.

You can reply to this thread or send me a PM here. I'll do some pics this afternoon, if you have any specific photo requests please let me know.