1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 7' 6" HT Plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bmlct, Nov 30, 2009.

1. bmlct

bmlct Junior Member
    from CT

Just wondering if anybody has the Fisher 7' 6" HT Plow? I know it's new to the market...but I'm thinking about buying one for next season (I'm going to be in FL for my spring semester of school)

Thanks!

2. DonPNH

DonPNH Junior Member

Hi Just had one installed on a 2007 silverado ext cab.

Plow seems to hop when pushing light loads .
    dealer said it was because the plow edge was bent. bent very easily .
    Had to install cutting edge it added weight and hopefull will stop the hop.
    it hops and vibrates so much it will shake the truck apart.

hope the edge fixes ,will know after the next storm.

hope it helps.

3. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

Don, did you get yours at Donovan?. My HT plows fine on my 09 F150 with the poly edge. I had to re drill the holes lower to get the edge to actually be purposeful.

4. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

Here's before

[​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

5. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

Works great, of course this is the plow that got stolen but I just did the same thing to the new HT I picked up two days ago.

6. DonPNH

DonPNH Junior Member

Hi No I had Quirks install it when I bought the 2007.
    I was considering a Snow Way , but thought i would let it all happen under one roof.

7. DonPNH

DonPNH Junior Member

Hi No I had Quirks install it when I bought the 2007.
    I was considering a Snow Way , but thought I would let it all happen under one roof.

8. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

Quirk probably subbed it out to Donovan. Do you have a cutting edge ?

9. DonPNH

DonPNH Junior Member

Hi .
    I think Quirks has a factory trained installer on site. at least that's what they told me .
    they did have cutting edges in stock and gave me one to install. Hope it helps will know when it stops raining.

10. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

If your edge fits like mine did you may need to drill some holes, but I went with the poly blade to protect my paver driveway and most people dont need the poly. Quirk is a big dealer so they probably do have a Fisher installer. Im definitely ready for some snow, Im not a big fan of it but tired of the rain.