1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher 7.5 plow questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Merc1100sc, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

I just purchased a 2003 chev 1500 Z71. I plan to put a 7.5' Fisher Min Mount on it. Mostly just for personal use.
    I plant to purchase the plow used.

A buddy of mine has told me theres a newer style min mount and an older style. He said the plug is different onthe two and that w/ the newer style i can buy the computers wrong fisher that pretty much plug into my trucks factory harnesses.

does anyone have any info on this? Are only the min mount 2's capable of this, or, can i get a min mount 1 that works this way also.
    And, what year did Fisher start this?

Thanks

2. jscott

jscott Junior Member

I just put a MM2 on my truck. The only connections that need to connect to the trucks wiring are the headlights and park/turn lights. The headlight connections should "piggyback" to the trucks harness. You will need to splice two turn signal connections and one for the markers. The rest of the wiring is for the plow itself and is contained in its own harness's.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Fischer went to the E-Force harness system about 4 years ago. The E-Force is a sealed relay unit that everything for the plow and lights run off from. Before that they used a standard relay system which isnt the most reliable and is really a pain on the new chevys because your dealing with 6 realys and about 25 wires. Both types of harness are a "plug in" type but you will still need to tap into you marker and turns, which you do right behind the bulb. To tell if the plow is relay or e-force you need to look for the number of harness plugs on the plow. The relays have 2 plugs, 1 for battery to the motor, 1 for headlights and plow functions. E-force has 3 plugs, 1 for battery to motor, 1 for plow functions only (this will got to a plastic cover on the power unit), 1 for just the headlights.
    Now hears the other problem, Gm changed the wiring on the 03's so much that if it isnt a E-force plow you will need to buy new headlights for the plow which will be a 12 pin plug.
    Are you confused yet? Find out what harness is on the plow and i can get you part numbers of what you need to make it work. Pm me with the info.

4. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

thanks for the info guys..

so, crash, what u are saying is that if i get a mm1 that is 99 or newer, it should be the e-force setup, and, because my truck is an 03 i will need new lights for the plow, correct?

i want to find a setup that will just plug in w/out all the relays, therefore, i guess i want an e-force. how much do the headlights run, and, know of anyone selling a 7.5 for this truck?

thanks

5. Crash935

Merc,

It all depends on what the dealer had for inventory. we were stuck with a whole bunch of relay harness' when western swithched to e-force and we had to just install so relay its on some installs just to get rid of the darn things.

If you dont mind spending the extra $, i would install the e-force, Its almost goof proof and no darn relays going out at the wrong time (with 6 of them, its a pain to trouble shoot). I havent replaced a e-force box yet.

I can check on prices for you if you give me a day or two. Theres another guy on here thats in new york, will have to find out how close you two are so that you might be able to get things through him.

6. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Crash,

Thanks. You're very helpful.
    I was even considering purchasing a used plow privately if i can locate one. I have to start looking.

Thanks

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

why do people spell fisher as "fischer":rolleyes:

8. Crash935

Mostly because my fingers do not go as fast as my mind. some days mind goes fast, some days mind goes slow, but fingers always moving at the same speed.