1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 7.5 mm blade with light damage questions??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dupupp, Feb 3, 2009.

1. dupupp

dupupp Member

Hey fisher guys i have some questions-my buddy has a 7.5 straight blade that he bought new in 06. the other day we had his truck in my garage changing the pump fluid on it and when he went to raise the plow i noticed that the triangle on top hit the bottom of the lights-he stated that it had been that way since brand new-i then told him that he should take it back to the dealership then because it had caused the plastic clear lens to brake at the bottom and when the blade was raised up all the way the the lenses would raise up to and allow a 3/4 inch gap were ice or snow could get into the lights. so he took it to your dealer ship and they said there was a problem and would get in touch with fisher to see what needed to be done with how to get this fixed with his warrenty being out. In the meantime the dealership put in a spacer to keep the plow from going to high. three weeks later the dealership will not return his calls and today he went down there in person and get the manager and they say fisher says that it was not there fault but the dealerships fault on the install. the dealership says they will replace the lights but they are being difficult about it. my question is has anyone else had this problem and what was the outcome? thanks
    Rob

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a dealer install problem but for the life of me i cant figure out what the heck the dealer would have done to the lights to get them closeer to the center of the light frame for the lift arm to hit them. Some pics would be great.

3. dupupp

dupupp Member

yeah i know-i am going to see if we can get some pictures this week-fisher is saying that maybe the plow came with the wrong brakets to mount the lights and that it is the dealerships problem for not catching it, but this is all what the dealership says-we have not actually talked to fisher ourselves-also i don't know if i the guy from the dealership is telling the truth about whose problem it is.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Get some pics and post them, theres a few of us on here who could tell you if they did it right or wrong.