1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 7 1/2' MM1 on 04 k1500 ext

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gkwoodfloors, Oct 12, 2004.

1. gkwoodfloors

gkwoodfloors Junior Member

The plow is about 6 years old and I also have the snofoil attached

Anyone have this set up? How is it working out for you?

Any probalms with not getting enough air to the radiator on the highway?

It seems kind of heavy, good thing i got rid of the factory tires for some LT's.
    I am probably going to need to crank the torsion bars a bit and i definitly need some ballast. (can barley get out of my driveway in 2wd)
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Lighting will probably be your biggest headache.....
  3. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I am running a 7'6" Fisher on my 1996 K1500. I haven't personally had any overheating issues, but then I try to stay off the highway when I have the blade on. A friend of mine runs 3 GM plow trucks and he has had some problems with his 3500 (with Fisher EZ-V) running hot if the blade is all the way up (no problems with his 2500's and 8'6" Fisher straight blades). I have seen similar complaints on here to. He mentioned it to the dealer and they were familiar with the problem and changed something to try to help. The other thought I have is the your snow foil is probably adding to the issue. They sit pretty high and definitely direct the airflow away from the radiator. I would probably try taking off the foil and putting on a rubber deflector. Also talk to my local dealer (both truck and plow) to see what they have to suggest.

As far as dropping the nose is concerned. I don't have a snow foil but I do have a replaceable cutting edge on my blade and it definitely sets the nose down when I lift the blade.
  4. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

Yes, I have the exact setup in my 03 K1500. You should definitely crank them bars a little, and then buy some 285 mudders like me!! :nod:

You should also buy a set of Timbrens like I was telling you earlier, mine will be here in a couple days but on my buddies Avalanche they were night and day different.

PS, CUES HOT!!!! :p