1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 6'8" LD Mounting Suggestions?!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dgm5186, Nov 28, 2006.

1. dgm5186

dgm5186 Junior Member

Alright guys, I know I posted this in the Jeep forum but noticed this was a much more popular sub forum. It still all relates. I have a few questions for you all! I own a 1994 Jeep Wrangler which is in good shape for being a northeast wrangler. Anyways, I want to mount a Fisher 6'8'' LD plow on it but on the website, the years that their plows can mount to only are from 97 to current. So my question is, will I be able to mount this plow? Will they have some sort of mount that will just be a bolt on thing?! I'm going to go to the dealer within a few days but thought I would pick your brains first.

Thanks for you're answers/thoughts!

2. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine

fisher 6'8' ld mounting

I dont see why you cant there is a guy in anotther thread with a 04 rubicon with a 7.5 ld on his I think thay try to push the home steader on the light trucks and suvs:mad:

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

the reason is most likely because fisher doesn't make the mount for your year any more. That was the case with my 94 Toyota, I found a mount on Ebay though. It was used, cut-off the truck. I chipped & sanded the rust off it and coated it with PPG epoxy paint. Looks brand new now.

4. LON

LON Senior Member

The Wrangler requires a suspension upgrade that is now NS1 w/ Chrysler. Think you can go to a Rancho dealer and get the upgrade pieces though.

5. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

6.8 plow

I'm not sure but you very well might have to piece it together just like Matt did...Dgm where in ny are you..I have a buddy that has a 6.5 blizzard off a 98 wrangler he would part with..I paid 3200 installed in 2005 used it just for sidewalks total 3 storms.. he used it only once in 2006...you make him an offer he would probably take it b/c he just started a limo buisness..he needs the cash..Call me for his number if your interested...
    Hey Matt, how did you make out... did you get it mounted yet.. Wish you well with it and l$$ts of success.. Regards, Jack 917 417 6611

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  6. Al DeMaio

Al DeMaio Junior Member

No Fisher Minute Mout Available

FYI be careful, the Jeep Wrangler had a complete makeover with the 1997 model year, and a plow off of a 1997 to current will not fit your vehicle. Fisher never made a minute mount for your truck, there was an issue with the frame. They did make a conventional mount number 7101 which was in production until 1997. I haven't seen one of these around for a long time. Good Luck!

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Sorry to steer this off-track...
    Jack, I got it all set up now. I ended up using the harness that came with the plow and then made my own lighting harness with the help of my father (Electrical engineer). Everything operates like stock. Flushed and filled the plow and everything works 100%. Just need to install the timbrens tomorrow to finish up.